The word ‘iteration’ has been used to describe the different attempts to put the financial protocols into practice, the fourth of which is the happening-hangout. Let’s reformulate this language.
iterative experiences relative to self
I, David Pinto, have been using the term iteration in relation to my own personal experience. After the first attempt, the birthing of the economic entity in 2012, the team wanted to continue with regular meetings at the Hub. I did not see much future in these, but attended a few. I am not into community building just for the sake of community building. I see this as one of the errors of how we self-organise; before you know it, we are supporting the continuance of social entities that have long-ago surpassed their use-by-date. Most of our social institutions, and indeed cities, suffer from this.
From birthing, I went ahead alone by approaching advertising agencies, and when personal issues intervened later in the year, I delimited my efforts to writing a book, which I have termed the third iteration. As you can tell, this is a personally relative sequence. However, what becomes clear is that different scales of social niche emerge, and it is these that may constitute our collective self-organised strategy.
The following modes of social experience, or social niches, may help map out the self-organised strategy involved:
- information: this website, blog, explanatory videos and prezi’s, the book
- synchronous pairing: tango, textango, MTTP, gems
- dynamic network alignment: action-cycle, happening-hangouts, SEA
There is a tendency for all initial business engagements to collapse back into an information-exchange. As we know, MTTP departs from the notion of exchange at source and is primarily based on setting up a scalable, synchronous, social experience: money-flow and co-creation first, then evaluation, information etc based on shared experience. MTTP is a financial protocol which embodies the new methodology.
The new methodology is based on social risk, on play, on not-knowing, on trust. By aligning to a future goal, even if it is as short as an hour or a week, we have something concrete to talk about: to iterate experientially, socially. Otherwise, we fall back into the attractor of what we know, what we can reason, what we think is possible, and so our current system of social paralysis continues.
alone, paired, and collectively
We will go into some detail regarding these three in subsequent posts, suffice to delineate the various scaled ‘projections’ in our ecological economy, as they map to the ‘social niches’ described above, from individual, paired, to small teams:
- writing fictional narratives (to embody ecosquared financial protocols and their underlying methodology based on giving)
- engaging the front-line of business (gifting companies, advertising or otherwise, with ‘gems’)
- opportunistic and receptive meetings (the ‘water-cooler’ effect expanded into all social spheres, to realise social serendipity)
- birthing the ecosquared entity (attracting a seed fund of around £10k per person in order to play at the ‘organisational’ level)
- hosting happening-hangouts (monetising social media by actuating the latent potential in our networked relationships)
- conducting action-cycles (to increase permeability across businesses, government, educational boundaries)